Master Swimming Manitoba,
Board meeting -
Present: Janet Stewart, Catherine Kerr, Ben Van Den Bosch, Kim Duncan, Maria Donahue, Bob Groff, Glenn Davis, Terry Kulchycki
Regrets: Paul Boulding
Minutes: Jolanda Swanink
1) Review and follow-up from the last two meetings.
a) Plaque for MSM - purpose to identify and acknowledge who have been the presidents of MSM.
- cost of $60.
- all present at the meeting agreed to this idea
- Glenn to arrange and get plaque.
b) MB. Masters Box - currently located next to the men's change room entrance. Glen had contacted Faith at Pan Am to see about finding a new location.
c) Grant Hammond Trophy - not sure where it is
d). Paul to talk to Kim RE: high school meets. Paul planning to organize a high school swim meet.
e). Addendum to March minutes: It should be noted that the Pentathalon swim meet was discussed.
2) Review of Provincial Swim meet
- Finances: Ben waiting for receipts to be handed in.
100 simmers attended - 10 from
- the swim meet was well run
- Banquet - approximately 80 people attended - received a number of positive comments - will plan to do similar event next year
Changes for banquet- have desert, simplify the charging system for the wine and cheese, more volunteers
If anyone has any other suggestions or wants to give feedback about the meet please email the board members.
For supplies, please check with Ben before purchasing anything such as napkins, cups.
- May long weekend in
4. Masters Swim Canada
Glenn asking the board for some feedback on certain issues. A discussion took place on:
a) structure of MSC -
members were not in favor of votes based on population of the province. - board members favored 1 vote per province as
there would be more members represented across
b). paper vs. electronic newsletter
- electronic version recommended with paper version for people who do not have a computer.
- discussion on the purpose of the newsletter - is it informational, marketing, communication for sponsorship
c) use of MSC funds
MSC has approximately $80,000.00
- some of the funds could be diverted from printing the newsletter and be used for marketing masters eg: brochures on Masters swimming
- website development
- development of coaching and officials
- hire a person to work part-time to co-ordinate, market and develop MSC.
5) Meet dates:
-Pop Sidwell -
- Pentathalon - march 5/12, 2005
- Provincials - April 16 & 17, 2005
Glenn to talk to
meeting & AGM -
Location and time TBD